Friday, September 14, 2012

BBQ Chicken Stack

For those of you interested in my personal weight loss stats, I've recorded my week by week weight loss for you to peruse, along with a terrifying/interesting before and current picture of yours truly.  It is available after the recipe. 

So...enough about me!  On with the important stuff:  the food!

I know you won't believe it, but I occasionally screw up.  Like when I was trying to microwave chips for the recipe yesterday.  I initially added too much water to the chip batter, and it wouldn't firm all the way up and dry out, like a chip should.  So I ended up with a plate-sized crust of chicken soup, and I refused to throw it out.  This stuff is expensive, you know!  So I gave my favorite standby recipe, BBQ Chicken Pizza, a visual makeover.

Geez, I have missed cooking for myself.  I mean, I still have to cook for my husband and daughter.  (Yes, I'm a masochist.)  But it's nowhere near as fun cooking what you can't eat.  In fact, it stinks.

But this doesn't.  It's visually different, a feast for the eyes, and not too bad for the tongue, either.  Sweet and smoky.  Go eat a stack.

BBQ Chicken Stack

Ingredients:

BBQ Chicken entree
2 Chicken soup packets
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/8 teaspoon mesquite grilling seasoning (optional)
Drop of liquid smoke (optional)

Whisk the chicken soup with taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water.  Spray a dinner plate with Pam (once again, I love butter flavored, but any will do.) 

Pour the soup batter onto the plate and microwave between 2.5 and 5 minutes.  Watch carefully!  This will burn easily and stinks to high heaven.  It is done when the middle is no longer watery and shiny.  This should be thinner looking than a chip, and will puff up more in the microwave.  Remove it from the microwave and immediately pry it off of the plate in one piece with a fork.  Set it on a cool plate or a cutting board.

Warm up your BBQ Chicken.  Add the mesquite seasoning and liquid smoke for a wonderfully smoky BBQ taste.  Cut the chicken into small chunks and stir the whole thing together.  The smaller, the better.  You want chicken in every bite!

Cut the chicken soup crust into quarters.  Start with a crust, layer on a third of the chicken mixture.  Keep layering until you're out of chicken, and top with the last crust.  Sit back, take a good look at it, smile, and enjoy.

Counts as 1 entree and 1 shake for Decision Free.




My stats (and occasional commentary):
Date                                             Weight                              Pounds lost for the week

March 15, 2012                               301                                                  -
March 21, 2012                               289                                               -12
     (Obscenely cool first week.  But I ate a huge meal right before weigh-in on the 15th.)
March 28, 2012                               283                                                -5
April 4, 2012                                   278                                                 -5
April 11, 2012                                 275                                                 -3
April 18, 2012                                 271.5                                              -3.5
April 25, 2012                                 268                                                 -3.5
May 2, 2012                                    264                                                 -4
May 9, 2012                                    261.5                                              -2.5
May 16, 2012                                  255                                                 -6.5
     (Very happy this week!)
May 23, 2012                                  253.5                                              -1.5
     (But a big week is almost always balanced out by a small week.)
May 30, 2012                                  248                                                 -5.5
June 6, 2012                                    246                                                  -2
June 12, 2012                                  244                                                  -2
June 19, 2012                                  241                                                  -3
June 26, 2012                                  239                                                  -2
July 3, 2012                                     235                                                  -4
July 10, 2012                                   232                                                  -3
July 17, 2012                                   229                                                  -3
July 24, 2012                                   227                                                  -2
July 31, 2012                                   225                                                  -1.5
     (And here starts what feels like a very long stall...just a plateau though!)
August 7, 2012                                223.5                                               -1.5
August 14, 2012                              222                                                  -1.5
August 21, 2012                              220.5                                               -1.5
August 28, 2012                              221                                                  +0.5
     (Yep, that's a gain.  I got frustrated with the plateau and cheated for the first time.  Don't do this!  It wasn't worth it, and I got sick to my stomach.  It simply couldn't handle those hotdogs anymore.)
September 4, 2012                          215.5                                                -5.5
     (Take that, stupid plateau!)
September 11, 2012                        214.5                                                 -1
     (Big week balanced by a little week again.  It's all good!  I'll take that drop in the bucket.  And that's where I stand now.)

And here's the picture I promised.  I never intended for these to be public, so bear that in mind (please excuse the bathroom/phone pic).  I'm selflessly doing this for you (grin).  I must be mad to put this online...

See how happy I look to be taking pictures of myself?  I hated having my picture taken.


Aaaaand me now.  Hi, all.  Nice to make your acquaintance.  Notice the smile?

10 comments:

  1. Awesome Becky!! Thanks so much for doing this!! I appreciate it so much, you are truly an inspiration to me and seeing your weekly progress makes it seem like it adds up so quickly (even though I know it feels it takes like forever!).

    Your before and after pictures are amazing, congratulations to you!
    HMRchick777

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! your Blog has helped me stay on track....I CAN'T GET TO A MEETING /CLINIC , HOWEVER I'VE BEEN USING THE HMR SIGHT AND GOING TO WEIGHT WATCHERS FOR WEIGH INS AND EXTRA SUPPORT! LOVE, LOVE, YOUR BLOG!CHOCLOVER WITH HMr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've lost 75 lbs. In 6 months? That's AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing an amazing job!I began my journey in Feb 2012 and have lost 70 pounds so far. It is so much easier to smile now, isn't it? You are an inspiration. I attended a wedding in June and went off program...and had a stomach ache as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much, much easier to smile. Thanks for the kind words, all. Anything we can do to stay in the box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky,
    Love the blog!
    We all (at the Healthy Weigh) are so very proud of you! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Becky, love the blog, the recipes and your honesty on this journey. . .you're an inspiration - thanks so much!! Diane in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky--I just made this and it was great! Thanks for sharing your recipes. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky,

    I've been meaning to comment to you again to say thank you for the delicous recipes and also for putting your weightloss progress on this post. I refer back to it a lot to "compare" myself to you (we are close in numbers for start weight and weekly progress). You have no idea how much I appreciated this. Some weeks are better than others but you and so many other posters inspire me to see the light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully a smaller shadow lol).

    Thanks again so very much.
    HMRchick777

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sincerely glad my numbers help you. It does me a world of good to know that I'm not alone in this journey, and I think we'll all be stronger if we share our knowledge and experience with one another. I'll raise my shake glass to the toast of a smaller shadow any day!

      Delete