Monday, October 1, 2012

Toasted Ravioli

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this long, long before now.  I mean, it's a no brainer.
I had to let these cool off, but they were totally dippable.  I miss finger food...don't you?
The only think I would've changed about this recipe is I would have doubled it.  And I will next time, when I'm having a hungry day.  Eight ravioli instead of four.  That sounds just about perfect.  But believe it or not, I made these four last.  Little nibbles, little dips, little "mmmm" sounds.  I normally like the ravioli okay, but these were good.  Something about baking entrees changes the flavor just enough to be more satisfying.
By the way!  I started week four of Couch to 5k this week, and I thought I was going to die.  But you know what?  I did it.  That's right.  I ran 5 minutes in a row without stopping, not once, but twice.  So incredibly stoked.  I think I could learn to love to run.

Toasted Ravioli

Ingredients:
1 ravioli entree
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning plus a pinch

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 

Open the entree and separate the ravioli from the sauce.  I used a spoon to carefully scrape them as clean as I could get them, front and back.  Spray a cookie sheet with a nonstick cooking spray and put your mostly naked ravioli on the sheet.  Lightly spritz the top of the ravioli with the cooking spray.

Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.  Then turn your broiler on.  Now, I turned mine on low for about five minutes, and that just wasn't getting it done, so I cranked it up to high to try to get it crispy and brown.  But if you do this, watch it!  It will burn fast, and your golden brown with turn black before you know it.  When the ravioli looks dry and are a satisfying color, take them out and let them cool on a plate.  They won't really be crispy crispy, but they will be dippable once they cool off.

Take the leftover sauce and mix in the garlic powder and Italian seasoning.  Heat in the microwave.

Sprinkle the remaining Italian seasoning over your ravioli and dipping sauce, and enjoy.

Counts as 1 entree.

4 comments:

  1. I saw another HMR diet person talk about this recipe on the HMR site, I knew it had to be yours! I think I might try this one too! O love all your recipes! And you go girl, if you learn to love to run, make sure to post tips on that too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on HMR for 5weeks now. And I have been checking out a lot of recipes and suggestions. I will be doing this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started on the 5th and I am looking for recipes that I can use to make each meal different so they don't get old. Thank you for this, I'm definitely pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started on the 5th and I am looking for recipes that I can use to make each meal different so they don't get old. Thank you for this, I'm definitely pinning it.

    ReplyDelete